Tuesday 26 April 2016

I’m Back! Some Changes Around Here And The Beginning of My Healthy Living Mission

So... It's been a while. As much as I've been loving the blog and writing I've been investing time into some other things recently and found that my amount of free time was running pretty low. I'd been burning my candles at both ends and ended up crashing pretty hard and decided I needed to take a step back to re-evaluate some things. Which is really just a long winded way of saying I'm going to be switching up my schedule for the foreseeable future and will now be posting on Tuesdays and Fridays.

It's been a tough decision but I realised that I'd been avoiding the blog for a few weeks now because I knew I don't have the time or energy to continue producing 3 good posts a week. I didn't want to start posting sub-par content or become unpredictable with my schedule and thought reducing it down to just 2 posts a week might make things more manageable. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for myself but I have a full time job outside of blogging and trying to keep up with a relatively demanding schedule on top of my job was taking some of the fun out of it for me.

Anyway, now that all of that is out of the way, what have I been up to lately you might be asking? Trying to get myself back into shape, mainly. (I know that somewhat rounded is a technically a shape, but you know what I mean). For those of you who didn't know; I work in a call centre, which involves a surprising amount of being bribed with junk food and a very non-surprising amount of sitting down all day. That in combination with my range of very active hobbies (blogging and binge-watching TV shows on Netflix) and a diet of Domino's and freezer food resulted in a gradual but substantial weight gain.

Whilst, strictly speaking, I'm currently on a diet, I'm following the Slimming World programme and I'm hoping to use it's "food optimising" mindset to make some long-term healthy lifestyle choices. I've used this healthy-eating model before but fell off the band wagon when a combination of a severe lack of cooking ability and messy shift patterns made proper meal prep something that needed attention. I've also joined a gym and have vowed to go at least 3 times a week (we'll see). I'm planning to do a few posts about how I'm making healthy living work for me which should hopefully be helpful to my fellow shift-rotation friends who are struggling.

So that's it for today, I hope you don't mind that I've had to cut back on my posts a little. Thanks for taking the time out of your days to read my posts. See you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment