Monday 7 November 2016

Scent-sational Spaces

I mentioned the Next White Jasmine Reed Diffuser in a pre-hiatus favourites post and reading back over that post got me thinking about all the other space-scenting products that I love. I'm not the best at describing scents so prep yourself for some out-there wording here but I thought I'd let you in on what's been going on around here.


So Yankee Candle are a brand that I've loved for years, they were the brand that sparked my interest in candles and while I generally go for other things these days, there's still a few scents that tickle my nostrils fancies. I'll get the Christmas limited editions out of the way: Christmas Cookie is a very sweet, sugary vanilla scent that I absolutely love, it's really warming and is generally one I crack out when it's a little colder outside. I also love Candy Cane Lane which is a minty one (again, limited for Christmas) and this is a super easy scent to describe because it smells exactly like TicTac mints.

For Yankee's non-limited stuff I love all the "clean" scents: Fluffy Towels is my favourite (it smells like fabric softener) but Clean Cotton is very similar. My favourite Yankee products right now are the Ultimate Car Jars, I have a Clean Cotton Car Jar waiting for my current air freshener to die and Midsummers Night is the scent I currently have in there which basically smells like a nice men's aftershave.

Speaking of car scents that smell like mens aftershave: Rituals Patchouli Car Perfume is probably my favourite scent - I like to have this on the go at the same time as the Yankee Midsummers Night. For those who like something a little more feminine the Cherry Blossom scent is really nice as well, really subtle. I also have a couple of the Rituals Candles, The Hammam Secret is a very spa-like, subtle scent and the Sweet Sunrise is a very sweet, uplighting option.

Diptique's Tubereuse scent is one of my favourites and while I don't have it in my current line up it's one I'll go back to. The candles burn really nicely or, if you're wanting the scent to spread quickly, the Room Sprays are a great. They're definitely not one for those on a budget but they're really nice. Another scent I can't get enough of is the Laura Mercier Ambré Vanillé scent. I was absolutely gutted when they discontinued the candles and stocked up but once I run out I may have to resort to using the perfume in the range as room spray *insert crying emoji here*.

No comments:

Post a Comment