Friday 3 June 2016

May Favourites

So it's time for another favourites post. I've kept it pretty short and sweet this time but I'm absolutely loving everything I've included. So lets have a look:


For makeup I've gone back to an old favourite: the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I did a post a while back comparing the new formula to the original and I was pleasantly surprised that they had in fact managed to improve the formula. It's still super lightweight on the skin and the coverage is nicely buildable but it has a little more glow that help it to look super natural on the skin. I've always gone back to True Match for the warmer months and I'm super happy that I still love it.

If you haven't already heard me harp on about Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil, I think you're a minority on the blog. When this first launched last year I was very much put-off by the price. I've tried a couple of Sunday Riley's oils in the past and I've not been nearly as impressed with them as I have been with other more affordable (but still pricey) oils (MV Organics Rose Plus Booster, and the Clarins Lotus Oil to name a few great options). While I still don't rate the other oils in the lineup, Luna has earned a permanent spot in my skincare stash. It just makes your skin look better overnight and since I've started properly looking after my skin I'm finding it's not often I find skincare products these days that do that for me. Totally worth the hype.


Another skincare product that I've been obsessed with this month is the Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser. I got a trial size of this in a set I got for Christmas and had it have not been in that kit I definitely wouldn't have picked this product out of all the things in Tata's range but I absolutely love this cleanser. It has super refined granular particles (think more "grains of sand" than "those horrible plastic bead things") that are held in a thin creamy cleanser that just feels great on the skin. I like to use this as a morning cleanse or a second cleanse in the evening. Since it's a bit exfoliating so it's definitely not one to be removing makeup with. Also, I know I go on about scents all the time, but the scent on Tata Harper skincare products is just amazing, this has a light citrusy scent that's so fresh and relaxing.


And finally this month, something I never thought I'd be including in a favourites post: Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen. I never thought I'd find a liquid eyeliner that I enjoyed. I generally have loads of trouble applying liquid liner and if I do manage to apply it I end up with panda eyes before long but this is different. The nib is a long thin felt tip nib that just makes applying your liquid liner so easy to do that I've literally been reaching for this everyday since I got it. the formula is nice and long wearing but it isn't completely smudge resistant, if you have especially watery eyes or you rub your eyes a lot this will move a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment