Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Lip Product Addict Tag

The Lip Product Addict Tag was something that I saw on YouTube a while back and really enjoyed so I thought I'd bring it back:


Favorite Balm/Treatment - NUXE Reve De Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm. It's the only one I've tried that actually works for in the long term, I find most lip balms just add a layer of moisture on top of the lips but the soothing feeling fades as the product wears off but this actually gets rid of dryness.

Best Eye-Catching Red - Chanel Rouge Allure in "97 Incandescente". I love everything about this lipstick. Firstly the tube is so luxurious with the black gloss finish and the gold detailing, the clicky function with the lid is a nice touch and the weight on this tube is just lovely. The shade is stunning as well, a warm red with a creamy finish - probably not as practical as a matte but it's such a fresh faced look.

Best Luxury & Best Drugstore - Best luxury need to go to the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors, I have shades 1 and 2 and I wear these all the time. They're a creamy texture so they have a decent amount of colour pay-off for a sheer lipgloss and the shine on them is pretty but not over the top. Such a nice low-maintenance lip product. 

For a "drugstore" option I'd say I reach for the Rimmel The Only One Lipstick, specifically in the shade "700 Naughty Nude" the most out of all the lipsticks in my collection. I have a few shades of this lipstick and while I can't honestly say I love them all equally, I think this shade is so flattering on my skin tone and with it being a nude it goes with anything and everything. Love.

Best MAC Lipstick - I just have to give this to the shade "Lady Bug". It's a lustre finish red and it's just lovely. It's light and comfortable on the lips with just enough colour. It's a really good tone of red as well, not too warm but not too cool and it's a slightly deeper take on a sheer red. Definitely something to look into if you're in search for the perfect day-time red.

Most Disappointing - Lip Tattoos. If you want to make your lips feel like they haven't been exfoliated in about 10 years, you'll love these. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too uncomfortable for me.

Liner- Yes or No? Yes. My favourite lip liners are the No7 Precision Lips Pencils. Unless I'm down the sheer-and-shiny route, I pretty much always wear a liner, I just like the definition and they really help with lasting power.


Best Gloss - The Lipstick Queen Big Bang Illusion Lipgloss in "Creation". It's another one of those your-lips-but-better shades that's super low maintenance. I also like how these glosses have a heavy bit of shimmer to them but the glittery particles give great shine but are super fine so it doesn't feel grainy on the lips at all.

Something Extra - Lip Creams. I feel like matte liquid lipsticks are having a moment right now but I still love the good old lip cream formulas like the NXY Soft Matte Lip Creams or the Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Creams. They might not be as long lasting as the matte ones but they're so much more comfortable on the lips. I have the shades "San Paulo" in the NYX and "Cotton Candy" in the Collection and I wear them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment