Monday 26 January 2015

My Everyday Face

Let me set the scene for you. It's 6:30am, I'm half asleep, still wearing pjs and have to leave the house in approximately 40 minutes if I want to be anywhere near on time for work.

That's when I call on these products to make me look somewhere near alive enough to manage a day in the office.

Clockwise from top left: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot, Urban Decay Naked Palette, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in "Vanilla", Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer, Revlon Colourstay in "Ivoy", Urban Decay 24/7 liner in "Perversion", Urban Decay Peversion Mascara, Soap & Glory Solar Powder, Rimmer Eyeliner in "Nude", Urban Decay Pimer Potion


After a speedy skincare application I turn to Revlon's Colourstay foundation in "Ivoy" to begin the skin tone evening out process, hide the remainder of my sins with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in "Vanilla" and set my base in place with a quick dusting of Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot powder.

In the summer, I'm all about a rosie cheek but when it comes to winter I forget about the blush and crack out Soap & Glory's Solar Powder, I swirl the two shades together onto the tops of my cheeks to add a little winter glow to my complexion before moving onto eyes.

Urban Decay's Primer Potion has been keeping my eye shadow creaseless for years now, and after a quick blend onto the lids I move onto eyeshadow, and my most used palette lately has been the original Urban Decay Naked Palette.

Urban Decay Naked Palette


Having dyed red hair, I find it so difficult to find brow products that look right on me, and so I use the shade "Buck" (A warm medium brown) as a brow colour. I generally go to shades "Sin", "Sidecar" or "Smog" as an all-over the lid shade. I then tight-line with Urban Decays 24/7 Eyeliner in "Perversion", line my water line with Rimmel's Scandaleyes Khol Pencil in "Nude" and move on to mascara.

My eyelashes are nothing to write home about, although they have a natural curl to them they are short and fair and I need all the help I can get in a mascara. So I kick things off with the Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer, wait for that to dry and then go in with a couple of coats of Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara.

While I remain faithful to most of my standard routine products, when it comes to lip products, I'm always cheating.  Although lately, I'd say my top 3 lip picks look like this:

Top to bottom: Esteé Lauder Pure Colour Envy lipstick in "Tumultuous Pink", Nars Soft Matte Lip Pencil is "Iberico", Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in "Nudist"


The Nars Soft Matte Lip Pencil in "Iberico" is a perfect pick-me-up. Unfortunately a limited edition shade (although I've heard from other bloggers that it's a close match to "Red Square" from the same line) - This orangey red is everything a girl could ever want or need in a bold lip. The chalky matte texture means it sticks around for a few hours, and the orangey undertones make you teeth look white, a winner for me.

When I want a bold but my lips can't the chalky texture, I often reach for Esteé Lauder's Pure Colour Envy lipstick in "Tumultuous Pink". Again a complexion-lifting bright, the glossy finish does mean that frequent touch-ups are required, but it's a beaut none-the-less.

And finally, when I'm running around from meeting to meeting all day with no time for touch ups, a solid nude is were it's at. I find myself applying Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker (try saying that quickly) Gloss Stick in the shade "Nudist". A glossy, my-lips-but-better shade. Feels like a lipbalm, gives just enough colour. Love it.

And that's everything. Check back on Wednesday for my Skincare Staples! - Jodie



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13502717/?claim=kmddemjp9xp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment