Wednesday 28 January 2015

Skincare Staples

So, if there's one thing in this world that I love buying above all other things, right now I'd have to say that thing is new skincare products. I'm obsessed. But while I can't go a week without scouring the isles of Boots, popping into Space NK for a "browse around" or at least scrolling the pages of Cult Beauty, there are a handful of products that I find myself relying on more than others.

My skin is oily/combination and with winter being in full swing here in the UK I'm finding that it's having some trouble with dehydration, and while once upon a time I was using foaming cleansers and skipping moisturiser all together (the horror.) I'm now embracing the oil more and really seeing a difference in my complexion.

 Clockwise from top left: Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask,  Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask, Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm, Una Brennan Vitamin C Brighten Skin Renewal Cleansing Oil, Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner, Sarah Chapman Skinesis Morning Facial


When it comes to mornings, I'm generally a get-everything-done-quickly-and-go kind of girl. I like my sleep, and as much as a love a good full skincare routine, I just can't prise myself out of bed early enough most days. Which is why I love Sarah Chapman's Morning Facial. Cleanse, tone, slap this on, done. It's so quick. Hydrates instantly and doesn't interfere with make-up. Also, smells amazing.

For make-up removal, I was turning to Micellar waters for a long time, until I discovered the Una Bennan Vitamin C Brightening Skin Renewal Cleansing Oil. Again, smells wonderful (are we sensing a theme here?). The oily texture removes make-up in lightening speed, but once removed (I use a warm wet flannel to remove) it leaves the skin clean but not stripped. And at around £11 full price (although you can often get it on an offer) it's a complete steal.

I crack out Emma Hardie's Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm more often than not for a second cleanse in the evenings. I started using this last year after seeing it on Caroline Hirons blog and I've loved it since. I've had brief moments with other balms but I always come back to this. Heavy enough to cleanse well but light enough to work in and take off easily. Need I mention the scent? I only wish they'd update the packaging.

My love for exfoliating toners began with the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner and, though I've tried others, I feel like the formula on this one is top notch. Since it comes in a bottle you get more uses for your money (no wasting product on pre-saturated pads) and it does what it says on the tin.

My favourite serum has to be Esteé Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. Ignore the name, I use this morning and night and it works well for both. It's a great does-everything serum and seems to work equally well on all ranges of skin types. The bottle is lovely and the dropper is very user-friendly.

When it comes to masks, I seem to be in a go-Origins-or-go-home faze. While I do have others that I use, the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and the Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask are my favourite by far. The Clear Improvements is a clarifying charcoal mask (unlike any other that I've tried) and doesn't look too pretty when you put it on (nor does it make your flannel pretty on removal - see case in point below.)

Ew.

But oh man, does it make your skin look good. I use this around once a week in conjunction with other masks but I love this.

In contrast, the Drink Up Intensive is basically a super intense night cream, I throw on a thin layer before bed and wake up feeling nicely hydrated. Another smells-incredible product that just works.

Check back on Friday for my Bath, Hair and Body Bits! - Jodie



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13502717/?claim=kmddemjp9xp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment