Friday 30 January 2015

Must-Have Hair, Bath and Body Bits

So, For the final instalment of "introduction week" I have my hair, bath and body products all wrapped up in one nice, quick little post for you all.

These categories were too small for separate posts (and I only post 3 times a week, the maths just worked out better this way). So lets get started.

From left to right: Lush "The Comforter" Bubble Bar, Soap & Glory Whipped Clean, "Nina" by Nina Ricci perfume, V05 Heat Protect Styling Spray, Batiste A Hint of Colour Vibrant and Red Dry Shampoo

When it comes to body products, more often than not, I'm too lazy to moisturise my entire body. So to keep the dry skin away, I use Soap & Glory's Whipped Clean shower butter. It comes out of the tube like a thick body lotion and is prone to dropping off your hand mid-shower (good job it's affordable). But it works. I get out of the shower, put on my pjs and get in bed (ah, bed) and wake up the next day without a dry patch in sight.

I've never been faithful when it comes to perfume, I always have at least 4 on the go at any one time but this one is nice. The bottle is beautiful (too bad it has to be kept out of sunlight, boo) and it just smells delightful. Its sweet and fruity with a hint of floral in it. A nice transition fragrance for people like myself who have recently began the journey out of those sickly sweet, teenage fragrances.


I love a good bath. And most girls that love a good bath, love a good snoop around in Lush. I can't remember the last time I went to Lush and managed to leave empty-handed. It just doesn't happen. My favourite is their The Comforter Bubble Bar, a bubblegum pink, sweet smelling bath product that, since I have quite a small bath, I can manage around 3-4 baths out of. Just crumble under running water and turn a solid pink bar into a bath full of silky, sweet-smelling bubbles. I always have at least one in my stash.

Finally we have hair products. sigh. Hair is the one beauty thing I really don't care for. I wash it with whatever sulphate-free shampoo I can find and can't seem to commit to conditioning products either. However I've repurchased the V05 Heat Defence Styling Spray more times than I care to count. It smells nice, doesn't weigh your hair down and preps for heat-styling and sun-exposure a like.

I've also become semi-reliant on the Batiste "A Hint of Colour - Vibrant and Red" dry shampoo. Although I was never a fan of the original Batiste formula (although the blush scent is nice for a leave-in/over-night dry shampoo), I can really get behind the tinted version. Having red hair makes dry shampoo difficult. It leaves white casts, it takes away the lovely shine, it's a nightmare. However not only does this formula eliminate greasy-hair-and-no-time-to-wash-it moments, it's GREAT for hiding roots.

And so that's it. Introductions complete. Onto the good stuff.


Check back on Monday for my next post - Jodie



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13502717/?claim=kmddemjp9xp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment