Wednesday 21 October 2015

Supermarket Skincare: Nspa At Asda

Nspa is a skincare range I've been wanting to try for ages and on a recent trip to Asda I managed to find quite a good selection of products from the range. The price point for this range is amazing with most products being £6-£8 and the range often being on a two-for-£8 offer which basically makes it buy-one-get-one-free. I love the packaging as well, for a well priced brand the packing doesn't look or feel particularly cheap.


So the first product I picked up was the Hot Cloth Polish which is a creamy hot-cloth-cleanser. I like this for a morning or second-PM cleanse as I prefer an oily texture for makeup removal and it's nice. There's definitely cleansers out there that I prefer but for the price point this is a nice product. The scent is nice and clean as well.

I find that one thing that I really struggle to find in low-cost skincare ranges is really nice serums so I decided to give Nspa's Double Action Youth Serum a go. The packing says this can be used alone or under a moisturiser and so it seems to be a moisturising serum and for me, it's just not what I want in a serum. It's very similiar in texture to the moisturiser I picked up from the range and while I don't think it's a horrible product by any means, it's definitely not the best serum out there. If you're looking for a budget serum, the L'Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew is much better and is only a little more expensive.

I love a good facial oil so as soon as I saw the Deep Hydrating Facial Oil it was finding it's way into my basket. It's nice for an evening oil but is a little too heavy for daytime wear. The scent is warming and clean again and it sinks into the skin nicely. I think oils are another product where you get what you pay for and the ingredients are obviously not going to be the same quality in this oil are they will be in a pricer product but it's definitely a good find and my skin really seems to like it.

And finally, I have the Oil-Free Moisture Gel and of all the products I picked up, this was the one I wasn't sure I'd like. Even though I have oily skin I seem to have a real hard time finding day-time moisture products that offer a nice level of hydration to my skin, without being too heavy or greasy. That being said, I actually really like this one. I'd previously been using the Clarins Lotus Facial Oil as my day-time hit of hydration and my skin loves it but I've been going through it pretty quickly and it's not particularly kind on the purse. The Nspa Moisture gel is non-greasy and feels nice and light on the skin but manages to give your skin the moisture it needs to not drink up your makeup now that the weathers starting to cool down.

So all in all a nice range. I can see myself picking up more from the range and probably even repurchasing some of the one's I've mentioned here. I dare say this has been my most succesful supermarket Skincare post to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment