Friday 16 October 2015

The Friday Review: Esteé Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation

So this isn't a new release by any means, but I mentioned it in a favourites post not too long ago and thought it deserved a post of it's own. Minus my brief stint with the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, I've never been a big spender when it comes to foundation. That being said, I'd been struggling with foundation breaking down on me this summer and wanted to try this to see how it faired.



First off, the shade range on this foundation is pretty good. I feel like brands on the whole have gotten a lot better with their shade ranges as I always used to struggle to find something light enough to suit my ghostly complexion. The packing is also quite nice, both in the sense of it's pretty with the nude bottle and the gold lid but it's also good for travel since it's a plastic squeeze-tube container.

The formula itself is nice, it goes onto the skin like a moisturiser and has a buildable light to medium coverage. It evens the skin tone out well but I'd still go in with concealer to cover up any blemishes or under-eye issues. I like how my freckles peek through this foundation a little and feel like this helps he foundation to look really skin-like. The finish is quite middle-of-the-ground, it's not super matte and it's not super dewy. I still like to set it down with a powder to matte it down a bit, but if you're a dewy girl you could mix this with a liquid highlight to get some more glow.

The wear-time is nice. I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a foundation in the world that can handle my summer t-zone so I always find myself having to touch-up that area but everywhere else wore perfectly through full work days. If you really struggle or you need it to last it pays nice with primers to give it an even more long-lasting effect on the skin. This is the foundation that I reach for when I'm going out after work because it'll only need a tiny bit of touching up to look decent again once I've clocked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment