Monday 5 October 2015

The Cult Beauty Box by Caroline Hirons Number 2

When the first Cult Beauty Box by Caroline Hirons came out, I resisted hard. As much as I liked the look of a lot of products and the savings were great I just couldn't justify the £140 price tag it came with, especially when I was only actively seeking 3 of the 8 products, and 2 of the 3 were trial or deluxe sizes. This time around though 3 of the 5 full size products were on my wish list and the rest looked interesting and with the price point being a slightly more kind-to-the-bank-balance £100, I decided to put in an order. So while the box is no longer available, I figured the products are still for sale individually and so I'd let you in on how some of them performed.




A Caroline Hirons top rated product that I'd been dying to try for a while was the Pixi Glow Tonic and it really didn't disappoint. The packaging is practical and I like how the pastel green label looks on the orange bottle. The formula is 5% glycolic acid and contains aloe vera to sooth the skin whilst exfoliating, it's also alcohol free which is nice. It's gentle enough to use morning and night but does leave the skin feeling soft and smooth and as an added bonus it has a light fresh scent to it which I enjoy. It's left me itching to try more of the Pixi range, especially the Glow Mud Cleanser and the H2O Skindrink.

The other two products I really wanted to try were both cleansers, and I thought it was interesting that Caroline chose to include two cleanser in the box but I'm glad she did. The first one is the RMS Beauty Raw Coconut Cream and this one's my favourite of the two for make-up removal. It's really solid in the jar but once it comes into contact with the skin it instantly melts down into a smooth, silky oil that removes makeup easily. I like the soft hint of a coconut scent that the product has and would more than likely buy it again, I like to use this in rotation with my Una Brennan Vitamin C Brighten Cleansing Oil.


I was pleased to see that the Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cleanser had been included in the box as well. I've been wanting to try some more products from Skyn Iceland since the moment I used their Glacial Cleansing Cloths and this cleanser has definitely put them on my radar for sure. It's a really nice soothing, creamy cleanser. Skyn Iceland aim their products towards "stressed" skin, which is something I think we can all relate to at some point or another and this for me is a really nice calming morning cleanser, I just love the cooling sensation it has on my skin in the morning and it's a nice way to wake yourself up. This cleanser also doesn't seem to have any kind of artificial scent to it which is nice.


The Odacité Pomegranate and Rose Geranium Hydration Serum Contentrate had me a little confused at first, the bottle calls it a "serum" but for me this is a little heavy for a serum step and I'd put it more in the "oil" category of skincare. I liked this product but I don't think it's anything special, when you consider that the full size is £33 on it's own and for that you get just 5ml, I don't think it's any better than the Sarah Chapman oils (£46 for 15ml) or the MV Organics Rose Plus Booster (£70 for 30ml), while they're both more expensive product, the price per ml makes them a much better value product in my opinion.

A product I wasn't sure I'd like was the Skin Owl Eye+, as it's marketed as a "nourishing and youth stimulating eye concentrate" and as I'm just about nearing my 23rd birthday, I figure "youth stimulating" isn't really something I need just yet (I hope!). That being said, I have noticed my under eye area is a lot smoother after using this and the beginnings of very faint dehydration lines have disappeared since I started using this. I love how cooling it is on the under eye area on application and that you can feel a light warming sensation shortly after applying. My only issue with this one is the packaging, as nice as the glass jar is, it's not the most hygienic way to package eye cream and it does make it slightly difficult to pick up the right amount of product.

The box also contained a full size Pommade Divine and small sizes of the Alpha H Essential Hydration Cream and REN's Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Oil but I haven't quite gotten around to trialling those yet. All in all though, this box was a nice collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment