Monday 22 February 2016

Makeup Tips for Glasses Wearers

I've always been a big fan of eye makeup, so when I got to the point in life where my eyesight had gotten bad enough to have to wear glasses all the time, I opted for contact lenses initially. After a few years of them not really working for me (I'd tried dailies, monthlies, only wearing them for a few days a week - my eyes just don't really like them) I resigned to actually wearing my glasses and have found ways to still make makeup work for me, so here's some quick tips for those of us who don't get on with contacts.


Choose your frames carefully. When I picked up my glasses I've gone for a shape that's really flattering on my face, they're oversized with thin pieces of metal surrounding the lenses in a burgundy colour ( I found black frames to be a bit too harsh for my features) and the actual shape of the frames is slightly cat-eye shaped. They're just like a larger version of the shape I normally wear my eyeshadow in. The frames I've got give me a lot of lid space for eyeshadow without having to blend outside of the frames - which brings me to my next tip:

Try to keep the colour within the frames. Eyeshadow on glasses wearers can start to look a little messy if it's blended outside of the frames. When you're doing your eye makeup, the easiest way to make it look polished is to treat the frames of your glasses as the frames for your eyes.

Keep things balanced. Like I said, my frames are quite oversized so they cover up a bit of my eyebrows, I always make sure that I fill my brows in as it offers some balance to the face. I also think a toned down eye and a really bold lip looks great with glasses, your frames are already giving your eyes definition so mascara and a bold lip always seems to work nicely.

And finally - beware of false eye lashes. I personally don't bother with falsies if I'm wearing glasses as they just end up brushing up against the lenses and going a bit wonky. If you are going for false lashes, I'd recommend going for shorter ones and using a really good glue to make sure they're 100% secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment