Monday 28 December 2015

Days 19-24 of the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar

And we're back! Sorry for the unscheduled break on Friday - I was going to do a post on the good stuff in the Boxing Day Sales but I decided that, actually, the sales this year were a bit pants and not worthy of a post and so I had a day off, but we're back. Today brings the final instalment of my Mark's and Spencer's Beauty Advent Calendar! I know that Christmas is over, but I figure you'd be interested to see what the final 5 things were, so here they all:


On day 19 I got an Autograph Ultra Shine Twist-Up Colour in the shade "Nude". This is a glossy lip pencil in a shimmery brown-neutral colour. It's a bit thin and sheer in colour but there's a nice amount of shine on the lips with this and it's comfortable to wear.

As mentioned in my Stocking Stuffers Gift Guide Post (clicky link here), I love the  L'Occitane Verbena scent, so I really excited to see that there was a nicely sized Verbena Shower Gel behind door number 20. It's not the most lather-y shower gel ever but the scent is lovely and refreshing and it isn't at all stripping on the skin.

Day 21 brought the wonderful Pixi Glow Tonic. This has been a favourite of mine since I picked one up in the Caroline Hirons Beauty Box 2 (clicky link here). It's a lovely acid toner that you use with cotton pads after cleansing and it's gentle enough to use morning and night.

On day 22 I opened a mini size of the REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial, which is one of my favourite face masks. It comes out of the tube a little bit like toothpaste but it leaves your skin feeling amazing and it's a really quick fix.

I'd heard a lot about the Stila Lip Glaze and day 23 brought me shade "18 - Sugar Plum", a dusty plum-pink colour. These come off quite sheer on the lips and they're a little sticky on the lips. The click-up applicator is cool but personally I prefer the formulas of the Lipstick Queen Big Bang Gloss or the NYX Butter Gloss.

And finally, on day 24, we have a Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer in the shade "Pretty Woman" (a bright pillar box red). I must be honest, I haven't even bothered trying it, it will be given straight to a sibling, I really just don't do red nail polish :( - a really good week of picks there until that last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment