Wednesday 23 December 2015

My Picks of The Lush 2015 Christmas Collection

So for me Christmas Eve is the day of preparation and family time. In the afternoon my family usually go out to see a Christmas film at the pictures or if we're feeling fancy we go for a pantomime or a play and in the evening it's all about snuggling up on the couch with our Christmas film of choice (Gremlins. Always Gremlins). But the morning is preening time. I like a nice bath and to get all nice and clean. So with that in mind, while I know it's a bit late, I thought I'd go through my picks of Lush's 2015 Christmas Collection.


While the bath bombs aren't normally my favourites (I do prefer something that will give bubble normally) the bath bombs in this years Christmas collection have pretty much been killing it. I've loved Golden Wonder for years now and I'm glad it keeps coming back. I didn't pick up Santa Claus last year because I wasn't sure I'd like it but I've seen some demos now and it's got some lovely colours to it and the scent is lovely.

I'm borderline addicted to the scent of Yog Nog. I'd have picked up the soap as well but I have enough in reserves to last me until next Christmas so I couldn't justify it. Dashing Santa isn't my favourite for scent but I like the effect in the bath so I did pick one of those up again this year too.

Anything Snow Fairy is my favourite so the Snow Fairy Shower Gel has made an appearance (although I never buy the massive ones because I have about 5 shower gels on rotation at the moment and they're quite expensive for what they are). I also picked up a Candy Mountain because the sickly sweet bubbles are just lush. Pun partially intended.

This post is also missing some products that I love: Butterbear (I was convinced I'd already been and picked some of these up!) it's my favourite for mixing with normal bubble bath for so moisture. Holly Go Lightly is also absent because as cute as it is and as nice as it smells I bathe to get clean, not to become covered in glitter. Finally, I didn't pick up a Star Dust either, because it smells lovely but it's just a white bath bomb from what I've seen and I'd already picked up quite a few bits.

I'm also a bit gutted that while Cinders has made a reappearance in the Christmas release this year, the scent seems different. I'm not sure if Lush have changed the scent or if maybe my scent preferences have changed slightly, but I used to love that one and now it does nothing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment