Wednesday 30 December 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2015

So I see a lot of bloggers and vloggers posting about what they got for Christmas and I find them to be such interesting posts. I really love seeing what non-beauty-obsessives buy for bloggers and vloggers for Christmas (and birthdays) so I figured I'd share. The typical disclaimer - This is not to show off, there's people in the world that get less than this but there's people that get more as well, this is just for those who might be interested.


So I still get spoilt by my parents at Christmas, even though I'm 23, I still live at home and I have siblings that are way younger than me and I think my parents just like to treat us all (I spoil them back, don't worry!). The créme-de-la-créme this year had to be a Tom Ford Eye Colour Quad in "Sahara Haze". It's neautral grey/cream/black tones wt a beautiful glitter top coat shade and it's just the perfect smokey eye palette. I'd actually go there and spend the £64 to own some more of these. Lush.

Another luxe beauty gift from the parents was Charlotte Tilbury's The Gift Of Goddess Skin gift set. This contains minis of her Wonderglow, the Goddess Skin Clay Mask and the famous Magic Cream. I haven't tried the Wonderglow and if I'm honest the Clay Mask doesn't seem too different to a standard clay mask but the Magic Cream is my new favourite. Will be buying a full size once I run out.

As for the other bits from the rents: I'll be doing a review of Sali Hughes Pretty Honest once I've read it, the Clarins Christmas Treat set was a cute little stocking stuffer with a mini Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector and a mascara and it's making me want to pick up everything in the "Instant Light" collection. I got a Babyliss Diamond Dryer hairdryer which is just such a luxury after having put up up with a broken hairdryer for the longest time (I'm so pants at choosing hair tools so my mum always comes to the rescue). And there's always the random bits: Some folding ballet flats for nights out, a Maybelline nail polish set and some matts for the floor of my car (I'm sure there'll be more on that once I actually pass my driving test...).

My sisters got me a little candle set and a cushion for my room that says "Oh! Wake Up" in white letter on the blue cushion and I love it. The cover is nicely made and the actual cushion is really nice and puffy.

My boyfriend and I don't go too crazy with each other at Christmas. This year he got me the Tata Harper Glow on Demand gift set and it's amazing. I've tried both of the cleansers and the Hydrating Floral Essence and I love all 3, can't wait to try the mask. I see a Cult Beauty order to stock up on these on the horizon. He also got me the cute fuzzy socks in the picture, he knows me well.

The boyfriends mother (there should be a title for that) got me a mini fragrance sampler set with scents by Jennifer Lopez, Paul Smith and Jimmy Choo. She also picked me up a chocolate handbag (which I'm slowly making my way through as I type this post).

My Secret Santa at work got me the Soap & Glory Bright & Bubbly set which contains minis of their Clean on Me Shower Gel, the Righteous Butter, the Hand Food and the Scrub of Your Life as well a body puff, none of which will be going to waste. He also got me a Twister Lolly air freshener for my car (and I know you're not supposed to know who your Secret Santa is, but it was a bit obvious this year. Thanks Chris!).

My auntie got me the Avon Far Away gift set, which contains a perfume, a body spray and a deodorant in the "Far Away" scent, which is actually really nice. I'm a bit rubbish with fragrance but I really like this one for a day-to-day scent (or any other occasion where it would be a bit ridiculous to be wearing Diptique or Viktor and Rolf).

Finally, my Uncle, Nana and Grandad all gave me money for the boxing day sales which I spent in the Birchbox shop - I picked up the Rituals Sakura Gift Set after testing some of the range and seeing a similar set that my mum had been gifted, and the Aromatherapy Associates Ultimate Bath Jewels, which didn't make it onto my Christmas list because I knew I'd find them somewhere for less than full price. Birchbox did a £10 off with a £50 spend and I had £10 in Birchbox points to spend so I managed to bag the set for £38 - bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment