Friday 18 December 2015

My Top 5 Festive Lip Picks

So as Christmas day gets closer and closer (one week to go!) I figured I'd go over my festive season lip product picks. The Christmas Day lipstick choice is my ultimate first-world problem because I'm the girl that wants it all with a lip product but even if you're on a chilled out Christmas day this year, I think I have a suggestion for you.


So for the girl who wants it all, I have two suggestions. We're obviously going red here and if you want that bright red lip on Christmas day I'd go for the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in "Hot Pepper". It's a matte finish liquid lipstick that's comfortable but wont end up all over your face when you tuck into your Christmas dinner, and the bright red shade is super festive. If that's a little in-your-face for you, the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in (you guessed it) "Cruella" is a sligtly deeper red but is still comfortable and budge proof.

If you want to go red but staying power isn't a concern (maybe you're having Christmas dinner at home then going to visit friends/family later?) then MAC's Lustre Lipstick in "Lady Bug" is a beaut. A slightly sheer, true red that's nice and glossy and almost balm-like on the lips, t;s the perfect balance between pretty and comfortable.

If red isn't your thing I think the Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in "700 Naughty Nude" would be a nice pick. It's comfortable and wears away evenly so, again, no need to worry about it going everywhere but it's a nice polished nude. If a gloss is more your thing the NYX Butter Gloss in "Tiramisu" is practically the same shade in gloss form, but that would be a sneaky 6th suggestion.

My final pick is for the lazy Christmas day. If your Christmas involves onsies, presents, food and general not-leaving-the-house, may I suggest the NUXE Rêve De Miel Lip Balm. If you're going makeup free this Christmas, the cold weather might still mean that your lips could do with some TLC and this is my favourite lip balm. AND it tastes pretty much like lemon drizzle cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment