Monday 11 January 2016

My 2015 Beauty Fails


So last week we talked about my favourite products from 2015, but today's post isn't going to be so positive.I'm talking about the products that didn't work for me over 2015 today.Now just because they didn't work for me, doesn't mean they won't work for you so I'll give you the ins-and-outs of why I didn't like them, but I think it's just as important to let you know about the stuff that doesn't work as it is to let you know about the stuff that does. So lets get going.





I know that mascara is a super subjective makeup product, we all seem to like different ones for different reasons but I have a few that really missed the mark for me this year. First up we have the 
Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara, this just nothing for the length of my lashes and I like an all rounder, if you have long and thin lashes and you're just looking for volume, this might be a winner but I really didn't like it.


It's a similar story for the Beautenizer Fiberwig Mascara. This claims to be a "paint-on false lashes" mascara and it really wasn't for me. Again it was really nice for adding volume, but I didn't notice anything for length and I didn't appear to have anymore lashes than normal with this.

The
Pür Volume Vixen mascara did absolutely nothing for me. No length, no volume, nothing. It's basically just a black tint for the lashes, so not impressed. And my final mascara fail was the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara. The brush on this was bent beyond use and the formula did very little for me, I'll be sticking to my trusty Maxfactor favourite.


Some cream eyeshadows that I didn't get on with too well were the
No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define. The colours are lovely and pigmented but they don't stay long enough without being topped with a shadow. It's a shame but if the formula creases in a couple of hours there's no point in having pretty colours. The New Look Pure Colour Eyeshadow Pencils are also really pants. The formula creases, the shades are super sheer, really disappointing.


The Lord & Berry Polish Eye Pencil in "5071 - Mirror Black" wasn't quite a fail but it wasn't my favourite. It applies nice and creamy and the lasting power is fair, but for a higher-priced eyeliner I much prefer the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners. Really, the formulas on the Rimmel Scandleyes Eyeliners and the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliners are easily just as good if not better than the Lord & Berry ones.

For lip products that I really didn't get on with, the
MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in "Atomic" was my least favourite of all the lip products I think I've ever tried. The colour was too overpowering, the formula was very dry and crusty and flaked off my (definitely not dry or cracked) lips. If you have dry lips at all stay away from these, and even if your lips are in good shape there is so much better out there.


The
Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip was also a bit of a fail for me. It was a bit uneven on application, it faded in a really non-flattering matter and the shade I have "Cray-Cray" didn't do much for my complexion. Finally for lip products, we have an entry from By Terry.


Now not all of the By Terry Aqua Tint Lip & Cheek are awful, I have a creamy orange one that I really enjoy, but a while back I picked up a duo that contained a red shade and I really don't understand who would like it. It's a lovely shade of red but it's laced with gold glitter and it's just a liquid stain. So no matter where you use it on the face you get a natural red stain but with this unusual overlay of gold glitter that looks completely out of place. For the price of these it's just such a disappointment as I have no idea how to make it work for me.

Finally for makeup we have the Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Power With Blush. This is such a chalky powder and there's very little in the way in the way of colour pay off. The bronzer gives off a sheer dusting of a very warm shade and the blush literally gives you nothing. Disappointing as Maybelline has some face powders with a great creamy formula and great payoff and this isn't their normal standard.

I have two skincare fails. Both have been mentioned in posts before so I won't go on about them too much but the
KIKO Hydrating Mask wasn't very hydrating on my skin and it irritated my eyes during use. And finally The Skin System Overnight Blemish Serum was just bad. For £2 I didn't waste too much money on this one but it's full of alcohol and so drying on the skin that it would just drink up all of the moisture in my skin completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment