Monday 18 January 2016

The January Blues

I'm not normally one to feel the January Blues but I have to hold my hands up this year: it's hit me pretty hard this January. So to make light of what is possibly a pretty grim time for at least some of us, I thought I'd run through my top 5 blues from a cosmetics side of things.


So something I've loved and used consistently for year is the Inglot Nail Enamel in "942". While Inglot are near impossible to source here in Manchester I picked this up on a trip to Belfast years ago and it's what's on my toes 9 times out of 10. The formula is lovely and it's a great, slightly deeper, electric blue with a metallic finish.

I've got 2 blue eye-liners. Firstly the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in "Gonzo". This is a great lighter blue option, it's slightly metallic in finish and has a bit of shimmer. It's a slightly warmer blue that I love to wear on the lower lash line and we all know I love the Urban Decay formula.

For a slightly more budget blue I love the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Khol Kajal in "014 Bright Blue". This is a matte finish electric blue and I like this either smudged under the lower lash line, as a cat eye flick layered with a black liner to give a peek of colour, or as an eyeshadow base.

For blue eyeshadow, it's all about Urban Decay, I have a lighter option and a darker option. For those of you who like the lighter blues "Peace" from the Urban Decay Deluxe Palette is a great blue. I'm not sure if they still make this palette but the shade is still available as a single and very much like the "Gonzo" eyeliner, it's a light, slightly warm blue, metallic in finish.

My darker blue pick is from the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette (which I do have a full review on) and it's the shade "Danger". This is a great dark blue, a lot of people are calling this a navy but I think it's a bit brighter than a navy. There's a duo chrome finish that gives it a bit more vibrancy and it's such a versatile smokey shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment