Friday 1 January 2016

December Favourites

So first things first: Happy New Year everyone! As you read this, I will be nursing a hangover and begging the boyfriend to make me tea and bacon butties for breakfast (there is nothing like a brew and a bacon sandwich to nurse a hangover).

So with December being over and done with, I figured it was time for my December Favourites. I've still chosen to do a December favourites as well as my 2015 favourites because there's some new stuff I've been loving this month that wouldn't make it into the yearly favourites and I don't want them to get missed out.


In the spirit of Christmas, I spent most of December sporting various shades of red and berry on my lips, and to compliment that I've been going for quite an understated, neutral eye and the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff Palette in "What's Nude" has been perfect for that. It has a matte cream, a matte dusty pink, a matte medium brown and a shimmery pinky-taupe shade. These do kick up quite a bit of fallout but they're easy to blend and the shades are so wearable.

Another product for the eyes that I've been reaching for a lot this month was the Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector in the Shade "00" - the lightest shade. I've loved everything I've tried from the Clarins Instant Light range so far so I really need to go and pick up some more of it. This one is kind of like the YSL Touche Eclat but stepped up in terms of coverage. A great under-eye concealer that covers and brightens effectively.

On the topic of glow-givers an absolute steal of a product that I've loved this month is the Revolution Radiance Palette. This is one of their 3-shade highlighter palettes and they've been coined as being dupes for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. Now I haven't tried any of the Hourglass powders yet to compare but the Revolution ones are really nice. I don't use the darker shade as I'm really pale but the far left shade works great as a face powder for me and the centre shade is my highlight of choice lately.

I've been cheating on my Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant with the Mitchum 48hr Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant. I tried a Mitchum spray-on in November and really liked it so I thought I'd give this one a go. It's not my favourite in terms of texture but it's more effective than the Dove, I think I'll have to experiment with which formula I prefer but this looks like a winner for me.

And finally, I have a confession to make. December has been a real lazy month for me. My skincare routine went completely out the window for a good week when the Christmas shopping blues hit me. Between working full time and Christmas stuff I wasn't getting an awful lot of sleep so I traded in my skincare routine for extra minutes in bed and just did a quick morning cleanse with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I wouldn't recommend using this all the time but for lazy days it's better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment