Friday 20 February 2015

An Old Favourite Revisited - Loréal True Match Foundation

For the last few years I've been pretty loyal to my Revlon Colourstay Foundation but recently I've been experimenting a little more. On my last trip into Boots I stumbled across an old favourite that I used religiously before my multiple repurchases of Colourstay, the Loréal True Match Foundation.


I use this in shade "N1 Ivory" and it's such a lovely foundation, I can't remember why I gave up on it. It's a a seriously thin liquid thats very water-y to apply and one full pump is more than enough to cover my whole face. The colour match is wonderful and, despite the thin texture, it covers redness and evens out the skin tone nicely. It lasts most of the day and doesn't wear off too badly (although with my long days, I do get a bit shiny in the nose-region halfway through the day - but that's nothing that a quick dab of powder can't fix).

It's not great for flash photography since it has SPF 17, but this is a nice level of sun protection for everyday and I personally love a bit of SPF. It's an in between formula, not too dewy, not too matte, and looks fairly natural on the skin when applied with fingers. I think it's jumped back in to the top spot in my slowly expanding collection of bases.

Also - the shade selection is great, one of the rare foundation formulas that I don't have to take down the neck. A perfect match for us pale folk but also goes quite deep and dark too.

No comments:

Post a Comment