Friday 6 February 2015

The Winter Skin Saviours - My Top 3 Facial Oils

While I may be an oily-skin-sufferer, I find my skin is almost always dehydrated (must drink more water) especially in winter. So with that in mind I've been gravitating to something a little out of the ordinary for my skin this season. Oils. And Here's the 3 I've been getting a lot of use out of.

Left to right: Sarah Chapman Morning Facial, B. Replenished Antioxidant Facial Oil, MV Organics Rose Plus Booster


For a morning oil, I'm all over the Sarah Chapman Morning Facial, just as hydrating as it's overnight equivalent, sinks in a little quicker and (in my opinion) smells even better. It's got that citrus-y fresh wake-me-up scent that I love. While it sinks in quickly it hangs around long enough to really massage in and give yourself a treat with and works really well under make-up. It also happens to be the lazy girls perfect morning skincare option, when I use this I just cleanse, acid tone, eye-cream and this, no extra serums or moisturisers necessary. Amazing.

In the evening, I find myself pulling out the MV Organics Rose Plus Booster, I find that just 2-3 drops added in to my usual skincare routine leaves my skin happy and hydrated. While it's eye-wateringly expensive per bottle, per ml it actually works out cheaper than the Sarah Chapman options, and it's a real treat so I can live with it. Again, smells amazing, sinks in well and can be used to give yourself a facial massage. While it's not specifically for evening (and I have been known to add a drop to my regular morning moisturiser on a dry day) I find that this is the time when I like to use it as I have more time to really enjoy using it in the evening.

Finally, the budget option. The B. Replenished Antioxidant Boost Facial Oil, you can pick this up from Superdrug and at around £14 for 30ml, it's a steal. You can occasionally get it on offer too so even more affordable. This skincare range does offer recommended age ranges, and while this oil is recommended for skins ages 30-40, my 22-year-old skin loves it. In between days using the previous mentions, I'll add 1-2 drops of this to my morning moisturiser to add some glow, or 2-3 drops before my evening moisturiser, instead of a serum step. Again, sinks in nicely and with a scent reminiscent of the MV offering, I can't say no.

Also - I know I go on about smells a lot - but it's totally part of the relaxation process for me, sorry not sorry.


See you next week for a 3-post feast special. - Jodie






No comments:

Post a Comment