Friday 13 February 2015

The Valentines Take-Over Finale - The Girls Night Out

Now I dub this the option for the single girl. I suppose the option could be switched up to suit a date-night, maybe you and your other half are going out for a night on the tiles, but generally when I think clubbing, I think girls night. So dust off your heels (and your emergency flats) and here we go.

Again, a night-out option doesn't call for much on the pamper side (I find the day post-night out becomes all about the pampering) so besides jumping in the shower and washing my hair I focus mainly on the make-up side of things. I'm all about an SPF free base, some sheen to the skin, shimmer on the eyes and a bold lip option to give the look a bit of something.

To keep things in place all night I prep the skin with the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer before going in with a pump of Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation in "51 Vanilla", which is a decent match for me but still warms my complexion a little (yes, I'm that pale). I rely on my old faithful Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in "Vanilla" (are we sensing a theme here) to hide all my bags and blemishes and set my base in place with the (you guessed it) Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot setting powder. For a night out I go for more colour on the complexion than I normally would and so go for a triple hit. when it comes to contouring I've gone through multiple of E.L.F's Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in the original shades, I rarely use the blush in this compact due to it's heavy shimmer but the contour shade is nice when applied with a light hand. For a hint of blush I dip my brush into Benefit's Sugarbomb box blush which swirls peachy, plummy and pinky tones into a subtle cheek colour and I finish with a light dusting of The Balm's Disco Disco highlight (from their Balm Jovi palette) onto the tops of my cheek bones.




With complexion done I move onto eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion being the first product I reach for, I'm currently testing out some other eye bases but this one remains on the top spot for now, the dispenser is good for keeping the product clean and it makes most shadows I apply on top of it last a whole day (and I have some long days, trust me). I then carefully pack on one of my Helen E Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow Pigments in "1" which is a mid-tone taupe-y shade with irresistible shimmer to it. I tight line and line my water line with my usual Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in "Perversion" and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Khol Liner in "Nude" and then apply a generous layer of Urbans Decay's Subversion Lash Primer. While that's drying I tend to unruly brows with the Maybelline Brow Satin in "Mahogany Red" (A brow product for red-heads, finally!) before topping off my lashes with a few lashings of the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.


A bold lip is my favourite make-up pick-me-up right now and with my light skin and red hair I think a red suits me best so I have three of my favourites with different formulas to choose from. For the lip-pencil lover the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Cruella" is a nice, deep red that's matte and lasts a good while without much need for topping up (although if an orange-y red is more your thing "Iberico" and "Red Square" from this line are nice too). A liquid red lip option is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in "Hot Pepper" a slightly warmer toned red that's a comfortable matte finish and really perks up a pale complexion. And for the girl who loves a glossy finish? MAC's Luster Lipstick in "Lady Bug" is a beaut. A glossy finish that can be layered up to a full-coverage and feels hydrating on the lips. This one is more high maintenance if you want it to last all night as the glossy finish isn't as long lasting as the more matte options, although it should be noted that it fades flatteringly and doesn't leave you with that bright lip-line and bare centre look that other products may leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment