Friday 11 September 2015

Review Friday: Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 1

Sticking to our affordable beauty theme for September I thought I'd try out some majorly affordable make-up products and picked up some bits from Freedom at Superdrug (sorry Boots, you're still my favourite). I got really excited about their Redemption Palettes as they're often coined as being the perfect dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and that was a theory I needed to test.


So firstly, packaging wise, I actually prefer the packaging for the Redemption Palettes than the original Naked Palette packaging. The Revolution packing is compact and has a good close and the plastic makes it easy to keep clean, my only complaint packaging wise is that there's no mirror, but in their defence, they're £4 a palette so I guess I can forgive that.

Shade wise, I can see why there's a lot of hype around these palettes, heres how Redemption Iconic 1 swatches shade-for-shade against the Naked 1:


And the shades are super pigmented too so that's really nice. My only point is the blendability of the shadows. Although the Revolution shades are super pigmented, they don't blend together as nicely as the Urban Decay shadows, but for £4 VS £38, if you're thinking of picking up the Naked range, I'd give the Revolution Iconic Palettes a go first.

No comments:

Post a Comment