Friday 25 September 2015

The Friday Review: MaxFactor Miracle Match Blur & Nourish Foundation

On a recent trip to Boots I was looking around for something new to review and saw one of the little blue "New" stickers on the end of the MaxFactor counter, and with me being on the hunt for the perfect foundation I picked up their new Miracle Match Blur & Nourish Foundation to give it a go.



While the shade range wasn't extensive (those with a darker complexion may struggle with this one) I found that shade "40 - Light Ivory" was a really good skin tone match for me and I think we all know that I really struggle with foundations not going light enough for my ghostly complexion. I also like the packaging for the product, it's the typical MaxFactor oval glass bottle with a pump and a plastic lid but the pump on this one has a locking mechanism which is nice, while glass bottles aren't the best for travel, the locking mechanism makes it more travel-friendly.

On application, I did notice a very strong almost almond-biscuit-y scent to the product that was off-putting for me but once it's on the skin the scent isn't noticeable on the skin. The coverage is light-medium and buildable, I personally would still need to go in with a concealer to cover dark-circles and blemishes but it just evens out the skin tone. The formula feels light on the skin and blends to give a very natural finish and I went in with a powder to set the foundation as I do with all base products.

The product last relatively well but does begin to break down for me before I finish a whole day at work, I often have to re-touch products in my t-zone especially as this is where I have problems with oiliness. I think this foundation would be no good for oily complexions and combination will have to touch-up in areas of oiliness but for a drier skin type it's got a lot of moisture to it. On thing I will mention is the skin on my cheeks is quite dry and skin is usually relatively blemish-free, and within 1 day of applying this 3 white-heads appeared on my cheek and nothing else had changed in my routine. I'll do some more testing and update on that front but I think this may clog poe and cause blemishes from my experience and I'm a tad cautious to use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment