Friday 4 September 2015

The Friday Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation

I've been in a serious foundation-testing mood of late (and may have had to expand my make-up storage solution as a result - can do an update post for anyone who's interested?), and one that I've picked up recently is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation, so I thought I'd share my findings with you all.


So when I saw this in Boots I think I got a little bit overexcited about the shade selection (if you're super pale or very dark skinned you'll probably understand the excitement of finding a perfect-skintone-match foundation on the high street) and grabbed a bottle to try. My first impression of the foundation was really good, it didn't feel overly thick on the skin and the skin-tone match was great. The coverage is actually really nice, it's light to medium and has a nice glow to it that I can imagine a dry skin type would really enjoy.

My main complaint about it is that the foundation claims to be "25 hour wear" and I'm finding that even when applied on top of a primer and when set with a powder, my T-zone in particular is very shiny a few hours into the wear. Admittedly, I have quite an oily skin type and those of you with dry skin may have no issues with the staying power at all, but oily girls beware, you will need to touch up with powder with this one. The wear on the rest of my face was lovely, I actually really like the look it gives to my cheeks a few hours in.

I find Rimmel foundations to be among the most reasonably priced products on the high street so it might still be something you want to try, I'm going to continue using it but probably not for days where I need the coverage to last all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment