Wednesday 23 September 2015

Top 10 Under £10 - Complexion

The final instalment of the top 10 under £10 series here in Skint-tember is going to be focusing on all things complexion. This was a difficult one as even high-street base products often creep up to and beyond that £10 limit and there's a few amazing high-street base products that I love that didn't make it into the list on price, but here's the one's that made the cut:



I've said it before and I'll say it again, L'Oreal generally hit the nail on the head when it comes to base products and this list contains two foundations from them that are great. The True Match Foundation is a lovely light feeling foundation that's got a good build-able coverage and it lasts well on the skin, the shade range is amazing and it comes in just under budget at £9.99, easily comparable to much more affordable formulas and I'm more than happy to say that this is probably the best high-street foundation I've tried.

My second L'Oreal pick is there Infallible Matte Foundation, this is the one in the squeeze-tube packaging, again nice feel on the skin, good coverage, long-lasting. The shade range on this isn't quite as good at the True Match but the packing is very travel friendly. Best of all? This one's slightly more affordable at £7.99.

And finally for foundations, I thought I'd give the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation, at £7.99 it's another one that's not going to break the bank and it's just a bit different. This foundation feels almost like a moisturiser on the skin and the coverage is build-able but it looks so much like skin. The thing I like most is the way it covers redness well but still lets my freckles peek through and it's a lovely comfortable formula with a decent shade range.

When I heard that New Look had released a make-up range I was all up for trying some bits but the stand was quite overwhelming and I only came out with a couple of bits but their Pure Colour Concealer is amazing. At just £3.99 it goes on like an eye-cream and the coverage is nice as well. The packaging does look a little bit cheap and the product doesn't actually say what it is once you take it out of the box which is a little bit annoying but the click-y pen style applicator is nice and the formula is clearly hat they're put the budget into.

I'd been looking for the perfect pale-skin contour for a while with no luck until I stumbled across the Maybelline Master Sculpt, this highlighting and contouring duo comes in at £6.99 and it's the perfect subtle contour for fair skins, not too grey, not too orange, not too dark. Love.

An oldie but a goodie is the ELF Studio Blush in "gotta glow" which is more of a highlight than a blush. It's great for the new "strobing" trend and it's the perfect way to lift the face if you wake up feeling a bit tired. I dust this under the eyes and on my chin, nose and forehead to bring some dimension to the face and it's lovely. At £4.50 it's not one of ELF's cheapest products but it's a solid pick.

And we'll finish things up with a few blush picks. When it comes to blush, MaxFactor are pretty much the brand to go to. Their Creme Puff Blushes are a lovely powder formula that bring a lot of glow to the cheeks, at £8.99 they're the priciest of my blush picks but the shade range is lovely , I think "Nude Mauve" is a particularly unique shade for the high-street. If you prefer a cream blush then their Miracle Touch Creamy Blushes are also really nice, slightly cheaper at £6.99 a piece, the packaging isn't the nicest but the formula is great and they're great for travel as they're so dinky.

If you want a standard one-shade blush the L'Oreal True Match Blushes are great. Lovely pigmentation and compact packaging all for £7.69. The shade "160 Peach" has been the only blush I've reached for since I picked it up a few weeks ago, it just brings so much life to the face. It also comes with a brush in the bottom of the compact but the brush is quite firm and the formula is quite pigmented so I'd recommend using a soft, fluffy blush brush instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment