Friday 18 September 2015

The Friday Review: Aroma Actives Lift & Firm Serum

After picking up a coupe of masks from the Aroma Actives line and loving them (the Deep Cleansing & Purifying Clay Mask is lovely), I wanted to pick up a few more products from their range to try and I was drawn in to the Lift & Firm Serum because it has hyaluronic acid in it, and as we all know, I love me a hyaluronic acid serum.


The packaging is nice and simple, a white tube with a pump at the bottom is both practical and aesthetically pleasing for a lower-cost brand and you get 50ml of product so it's a good size for a serum. The serum applies like a light moisturiser and has a light cooling feeling on the skin before sinking in to the skin quickly.

It leaves the skin feeling moisturised but for me it doesn't offer any long-term benefits. It's not the type of serum I'll put on at night and wake up the day with my skin feeling plumped and juicy or particularly healthy-looking, it's pretty much a bog-standard moisturising serum from my experience. That being said, it's a good serum to use during the day as it makes a nice base for makeup.

But the one thing that has ruined this serum for me? The scent. It's a very heavy, over-poweringly fragranced product. It's a powder-y, floral scent that you can't really escape whilst applying and it does linger on the skin after application. As it's a nice product in every other respect, I am slowly working my way through it and trying to use it up but I definitely wont be repurchasing which is shame because the scent just really lets it down and it's inescapable.

No comments:

Post a Comment