Monday 22 June 2015

Sainsbury's Do Skincare

I was recently browsing the beauty isles in search of a few budget beauty buys for an upcoming series of posts Im working on when I spotted the sainsbury's own line for skincare. Everthing I could see in the range was £2 or less and the whole bunch were on 3-for-2 so I picked up the 3 products that looked like they'd work for me best for me to see how I liked the range.



The range was really small and was made up or 2 sub-ranges, the "Tea Tree" range and the "Vitamin E" range. Both ranges contained a foam cleanser and a scrub and then the vitamin E range also had a cleansing lotion and an SPF day cream. Despite my oily complexion I know that tea tree on my skin can be a little stripped so I picked up a few pieces from the Vitamin E range instead.

The first product I picked up was the cleansing lotion as I know this is a formula that normally works for me so I figured I was giving the range a fair chance by giving that product a try, and my verdict? It does the job. It's by no means a luxury but it cleans the face and doesn't seem to leave my skin feeling dry or tight afterwards.

The product I wasn't sure I'd like was the foam cleanser, but I gave it a go anyway and I as expected, it's a tiny bit too drying on my skin. It doesn't contain any sodium laryth/lareth sulphate and it isn't particularly foaming on the skin but it just left my skin feel a teeny bit tight.

My favourite product from the range is by far the SPF 15 day cream. It's light and scent-less and is just enough moisture for my skin so it doesn't feel heavy and it works fine under makeup. I'd normally use a day cream and a separate SPF but for days where I'm in a hurry but need that SPF protection this is great.

All in all? A slightly hit-and-miss range, but for the price-point, I'd say it's probably worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment