Friday 12 June 2015

Not Another Face Oil?!?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that my skincare stash already contains far too many face oils, especially when you factor in that I have an oily/combination skin type that doesn't really need an oil to get by. What can I say? Some people collect stamps, I apparently collect facial oils, and this one really caught my eye on the shelves of the Clarins counter on my most recent trip to... You guessed it: Boots.


When I saw that Clarins offered 3 different facial oils, that (from a distance) looked identical, I was intrigued to say the least. I haven't really been much for Clarins skincare in the past so this little trio of oils completely missed me. On closer inspection I noticed they had one specifically designed for us with an oily/combo skin and I (almost immediately) found myself at the till purchasing a bottle.

I know I spend an awful lot of time filling the posts on this blog with raves about a products scent, and this oil is no exception, it's fresh and maybe a little bit minty and the smell just adds another level of sensation when you're using it, and for me, it's what makes a product feel like a luxury and refreshes that excitement about skincare all over again. Of course I'm going to enjoy my morning and evening routines more if I enjoy using the products I have on rotation.

As far as the effects it's had on my skin? It's lovely, I find it's nicest to use in the morning as the scent is too fresh to be an over-night oil. Additionally its oil controlling quality makes it a great oil to use under make-up. I find it sits under a full face well and plays nice with moisturisers, primers and foundations a like.

No comments:

Post a Comment