Wednesday 10 June 2015

My Top 3 Nail Picks for Spring/Summer

Despite the fact that it's supposedly spring coming up to summer, in my home town of Manchester, it's currently resembling a particularly botched-up shower in a house with no heating. So in an attempt to prepare myself for the summer that may never come, I've been gravitating to more Spring/Summer nail colours and hoping that the weather would catch-up (a girl can dream eh?).


The newest (and most expensive) colour to land in my collection is Butter London 3 Free nail Lacquer in "Knackered", I picked this up for a wedding I was attending recently and the colour has featured here on the blog before but it's a beaut. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it this season as it's that oil-slick effect that seems to be the in thing at the moment, but it's also quite subtle and pretty. Works well on fingers and toes and is chip-resistant to the point that it's a tiny bit difficult to remove, but in a good way.

A shade I've had for years and always go back to is MaxFactor Nailfinity in "Disco Pink", it's the only bright that I really wear these days. A very flattering bright pink shade that comes back every spring and summer for me. I wear a lot of black and navy so I love this to brighten things up a bit and again, the wear time is really good.

And then the go-to goes-with-everything shade is Topshop Nails in "Crystal Clouds". It's a pale gold that's very much a something on the nails but not so noticeable unless it's in the light, in fact I'd maybe describe it as a metallic nude on me. It's not got the lasting power of the other two so you'll have to reapply every few days but because it's so subtle it's not to noticeable when there's tiny chips in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment