Wednesday 3 June 2015

New To Me Make-Up Products

This post isn't necessarily a haul, these products are just a pick of things that I happen to have acquired over the last month through mini shoppings trips and through beauty-box subscriptions. They're the type of products that would pretty much fall through the cracks with my regular posts and so I'm going to try and do these random little group reviews every now and again so that the little bits don't get left behind.



I've been a big fan of Urban Decay Primer Potion for a long time and while I'd heard a lot about the Too Faced Shadow Insurance I hadn't found a reason to ditch my UDPP for this when it was time for a repurchase to be made. That in mind I was quite excited to receive it in a LoveMeBeauty box recently. After all the anticipation, I'm glad I'd never purchased this over my Urban Decay. While it's a nice primer and definitely does the job in keeping your eyeshadow in place all day, the formula seems to separate and become very watery if not used for a few days. Meaning if you aren't wearing powder eyeshadows everyday (which I definitely don't) this one maybe isn't for you.

Another beauty box find was the Caudalie VinoPerfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser, BirchBox sent me a sample of this product last month and again it's one of those neither-here-nor-there products for me. It's nice and light on the skin but it's a super light coverage meaning I'd only ever really use this for a weekend face when I wasn't going to be wearing much make-up. A nice product but just not something I'd reach for all the time.

I got a miniature eye-shadow as a gift-with-purchase from No7. No7 is one of those brands that I'd seen a lot of in Boots, but nothing had every really caught my eye until a friend started mentioning some of her favourite products this weekend and No7 cropped up a couple of times. I kept that in mind on my most recent trip to Boots and picked up a couple a couple of things and this eyeshadow was in the gift bag that I'd gotten, it's one of those super wearable taupe-y shades that I get a lot of wear out of and I was excited to try it. It's not got the best lasting power and the finish is a tiny bit on the sparkly side for me but I'm continuing to experiment with different types of bases and will update you if I change my mind.

Another No7 product I picked up recently was their High Shine Lip Gloss SPF 15, I love products like this for summer. A sheer, shiny lip gloss with a hint of SPF that you can reapply at your leisure throughout the day. This one is very similar to others but has a pleasant taste and a teeny bit of wearable shimmer to it that I tend to go for more in the spring and the summer and while the bright, orange-y shade is something I'm loving at the moment, I find as it's a sheer gloss it doesn't over power a look.

And finally, I picked up Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus Instant Flaw-Softening Illuminator. It looked a lot like a possible Benefit High Beam dupe but I wasn't sure if it would end up just being the type of product I'd use mixed in with a foundation to amp up the glow a bit for the sumer time. I've only currently used it mixed into Revlon Colourstay Foundation but I really like the effect it gives, these two products work well for an oily/combination skin type as the Revlon gives the coverage and controls the oil but the Soap & Glory adds a bit of glow without taking the make-up into the greasy zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment