Friday 5 June 2015

My First Hair Mask

It occurred to me the other day that despite being the type of person that tries to really look after their hair, I'd never tried a hair mask. There wasn't really a reason other than "I don't really know what I'd be looking for in a hair mask". When I'm looking for a face mask, I know that I want something exfoliating, hydrating or deep cleansing, with hair masks? Who knows, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I picked up this one from L'Oreal recently and gave it a go.


The first thing I noticed about this mask is the smell. It's a lovely minty fragrance with a hint of sweetness to it and it's lovely on your hair but not overpowering if you want to go in with a fragrance after using. With it being in a pot you have to scoop it out in the shower to apply it to the hair which can be a little bit fiddly, especially if your shower doesn't have any shelves or raised ledges in it. I found it easiest to scoop the product out, put the lidless container on the shower shelf, apply the products and then go back and put the lid on the pot. So it might be nice if they put it in a squeeze tube like Aussie does with their hair treatments/masks.

For the way the product actually performed? I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, I do really like it, but I think it's maybe been mis-labeled/mis-marketed. The mask claims to be "Radiance Enhancing" and is supposed to make your hair look shinier, but I feel like what it really did was make my hair really soft and smooth, but didn't really do anything to it's appearance. I will continue to use the mask and report back if I see any difference in the shine but for now I will just be using it for it's moisturising/hydrating effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment