Wednesday 24 June 2015

My Recent Rose Obsession

Have you ever noticed yourself going through a Beauty Phase? I've had my colourful eyeshadow phase and my bold-boardering-on-black lipstick phase and now? I'm apparently having my rose-in-everything phase. I know that a rose scent isn't for everyone, but it is definitely for me and so I thought I'd spend a little while today talking about my top 5 rose scented products.


Something I've been enjoying skincare wise for a long time is facial mists, and I remember mentioning the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist when I first received the sample size of it at Beauty Chat Live. While I don't use facial mists every night and recently when I want a mist I've been reaching for La Roche Posay Serozinc a lot for it's anti-blemish properties, I do really enjoy rosewater sprays and find them super refreshing, particularly now that the weather's warming up. Since then I've tried a few more rosewater type products and this one still reins supreme. In fact, I can see myself needing the full size bottle soon.

It makes me slightly sad to say that Space NK's Smoky Rose Candle has become a favourite of mine recently, mainly because I don't have an awful lot left and it seems to have been limited edition as I can't find it on the website anywhere. It's just exactly how the name suggests, a rose scent with a hint of smokiness to it that makes it a lovely room fragrance. It smells really strong in the candle but when it burns it just has a pleasantly "there" scent that isn't overpowering at all.

On the same lines of that slightly more mature rose scent, a body product I've been enjoying is the Renewing Rose Body Cream by Aromatherapy Associates. It's a lovely light body cream that ha a soft and subtle rose scent to it that isn't too heavy or too sweet. Out of all the products I'm mentioning in this post this is what I would call the truest rose scent. It's not my every-day body cream just because it's quite indulgently priced, but it's a treat and do I love it? Yes I do.

My budget rose scented pick is the Una Brennan Rose Hydrate Intense Moisture Mask. It goes onto the skin like a standard face cream but takes a little while to sink it. I'd call it a high-street alternative to the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, similar to that product, the Una Brennan can be left on overnight or if you just want a quick hit of hydration you can leave it on for 5-20 minutes and then remove with a damp wash cloth.

And finally the creme de la creme of rose products: the MV Organics Rose Plus Booster. It's a luxurious sweet rose scented facial oil and it's lovely for morning or night. It sinks into the skin nicely and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and moisturised but not greasy. Works well under makeup or overnight and the scent just ramps up the luxury factor even more. The only downside? The price. But I love it so much that I can deal with the hefty price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment