Wednesday 26 August 2015

My (Somewhat Miniature) MAC Lipstick Collection

I've seen a lot of MAC collection based posts and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents and show you my MAC lipsticks. It's a fairly small collection by comparision to others you may have seen but I'd like to think I picked carefully and there aren't too many more that I have my eye on at the moment.


We'll keep things in colour order and start with "Costa Chic", this is one of MAC's Frost Finish Lipsticks and it's a summery pinky coral. Being quite ight in colour and heavy with the frost, it's one that I sometimes find hard to wear, but patted into the lips in the summer time is my favourite way to wear this one. Not the most comfortable formula either, I usually wear a lipbalm under/over it.

I picked up "Sounds Like Noise" when MAC launched their collaboration with Hayley Williams back in the height of my Paramore obsession, this is another one that I like to wear a balm or a gloss over because it's from their Matte Lipstick range and it's a bright, bold orange. It's probably my least worn MAC lipstick but I love the colour and it's a nice change to a red on a night out with the girls.

The first MAC Lipstick I ever bought was "Lady Danger" it's an orange-y red, again, from their Matte Lipstick Range and I'd probably say it's my most used. It was my signature lip colour for a while in my late teens and there's plenty of pictures of me on nights out donning this shade. Another one that's not super comfortable but the lasting power is better than most of the others.

My favourite pick of the bunch at the moment is "Lady Bug", a slightly deeper, true red from their Lustre Lipstick selection. It's a lovely day-time red that's comfortable and glossy. The lasting power isn't really there so it's one that needs reapplying throughout the day but it's good to brighten up your face without making you look too night-out.

And then finally, "Rebel". I love it because it's such a versatile shade, you can wear it full colour and it's quite purpley and vampy or can be patted into the lips lightly and it gives more of a berry stain to the lips. This one has found it's way to the back of the drawer for now but I always come back to it in autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment