Friday 21 August 2015

REN Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask

This is one of those posts that has been in the wings for ages now, I picked this mask up well over a month ago but it'd been out for a while and I had other things that I'd been blogging about and it just got pushed to the side a bit.


so my absolute first impressions of this mask was "feels like thin jelly, smells like herbal tea", which isn't exactly the best first impression I've ever had about a product. So I must admit as excited as I'd been to try this product, I had my doubts from the second I put it on my face. It's one of those gel consistency masks that feel a tiny bit like you're spreading lipgloss all over your face. I'm more of a standard clay mask type of girl when it comes to problem fixers but I love the Oskia Renaissance Mask so I persisted. 

It left my skin feeling soft and smooth if ever so slightly dry, however I'm happy to overlook the slight dryness on the grounds that I always go in with an oil after I've done a mask. The killer for this product is the smell. It's the kind of mask that I could only use when I'm laying in a particularly fragrant bath as it offends my nostrils. I'm aware that the effect that a product has on your skin is the bottom line but if it can smell nice it should.

My final verdict is: I'll finish it. It's not my favourite but it's nice enough for me to use until I finish it but I can't see a repurchase on the horizon. If you're fussed about scent like I am and you're happy to invest a little more money into a mask of this type the Oskia is similar in effect but smells amazing and I'd go for that over the REN.

No comments:

Post a Comment