Friday 7 August 2015

NudeSTIX For Lips & Cheeks

I'm a sucker for a gift with purchase so it'll come as no surprise that I'm first in line to make an order with Cult Beauty when their seemingly season gift-bag is available, and the summer one was especially good. One of the products in the bag that I was super excited to try was the NudeSTIX ip and Cheek Pencil in the shade "Love" so I thought I'd share my thoughts.


So with it being a lip and cheek product, I pretty much immediately slapped it on my lips when I got it (self confessed lipstick addict right here). It's one of those no-fuss lip products that you can apply without a mirror, so it's a really easy option to go for when you're on the go (which is basically me most days). I really like this shade for work as it's not an in-your-face shade so it's appropriate but it's also something you can reapply throughout the day without having to leave your desk. Also the formula is super comfortable on the lips on application although it does seem to dry down eventually and becomes less comfortable throughout the day. The staying power for the lips isn't great but as it's a lighter shad I don't have a problem with that.

That being said, Im not sure how I feel about it for the cheeks. With the shade being quite a light one it doesn't offer much in the way of colour for the cheeks and I generally like more of a pinky/peachy shade for my apples. Also the formula doesn't really seem to set entirely on the cheeks, so it remains slightly tacky on the skin even if you apply a setting powder over the top. If you're a fan of a dewy look on the skin this might work for you as the lack of setting does give a lovely, healthy sheen to the cheeks but for me it just felt a bit too sticky.

All in all? A love for the lips but a leave for the cheeks for me. I'd be interested in trying a slightly darker shade from the range to see how it compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment