Monday 2 March 2015

An Introduction To Omorovicza (The 6 Piece Introductory Kit)

So in the beauty-blogging world, people seem to be going crazy for two products in particular: The Omorovicza Queen of Hunary Mist and their Thermal Cleansing Balm so when I saw that the 6 Piece Introductory Kit contained minis of both, I snapped it up pretty quickly.


This kit is currently available on Cult Beauty, where it seems to be an exclusive, and comes packaged up in a nice, decent-sized case that could easily be used for travel (either for skincare or for make-up). The white edges and the simple branding make it a sleek option and the clear front and double zip feature makes it user-friendly and practical. Another over-all comment is the smell. The majority of these products have that spa-like amazing scent to them (and we all know how much I love my nicely-scented products now don't we?). Even the lesser products feel slightly luxury because the scent is so... Expensive? I can't place the notes, but it's lovely.

So in the set you seem to get the bulk of an AM and PM routine packaged up into a nice, compact travel case. For AM I'd kick things off with the Cleansing Foam, spray hydrate with the Queen of Hungary Mist and finish with the Illuminating Moisturiser, and for PM I'd go for the Thermal Cleansing Balm, the Queen of Hungary Mist and then the Instant Plumping Cream. You also get a mask option in the kit (the Deep Cleansing Mask) which I'd recommend using in the evening, once or twice a week. If you were going to use the kit as the basis for your skincare routine, I'd simply add in a serum step for both AM and PM, and an exfoliating toner in the evening.

So overall, it's a nice set, I wouldn't say it contains any flat out bad products, although I definitely have some favourites and feel like a couple others were just a bit meh. While they're nice to use, I feel like the full size of the Cleansing Foam and the Instant Plumping Cream are expensive for what you get with the cleanser coming in at £44 for 150ml and the night cream an eye-watering £105 for a 50ml jar. If you want a foaming cleanser that wont strip your skin let me suggest the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser for less than a third of the price of the Omorovicza, and for a night cream, I'm currently using the Origins Night-a-mins for a more purse friendly find. Additionally, the Thermal Cleansing Balm wasn't for me. It's similar to the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleasning Balm in consistency (in fact it may even be a bit smoother in texture), but the price is quite steep and the smell isn't as refreshing. My Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is doing over-time right now and at almost half the price of the Omorovicza, I know where my money's going next time.

The Illuminating Moisturiser is a nice-but-pricey one that I'm using for a treat and may add to the list of "treat purchases". It's light but moisturising and I really enjoy using it, but at £85 for 50ml, it's far from my daily pick. I'm generally very non-commital with my day creams and have yet to find one that's as nice as this but I'm struggling to justify the investment. Another love-the-product hate-the-price one is the Queen of Hungary Mist, again I love it and again it's a budget buster. I've been using it on pamper nights and days that have been edging on awful as a pick-me up. Since I first tried this I'd been looking for a more budget friendly alternative and the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist is a goodie, but isn't quite as nice on the skin.

My final mention goes to the Deep Cleansing Mask, again pricey (£57 for 50ml) especially for a clay mask, but it's a really nice pick. It smoothes on to the skin and sets down evenly, unlike a lot of other clay masks I've used that seem to set in some places much quicker than others. Generally when it comes to masks, I don't mind investing a little more and while clay is one of the cheapest ingredients you can use in a mask I think this one might just be special. I'll report back and let you know if I repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment