Monday 23 March 2015

Exfoliation For Face

So part 2 is finally here! This time it's all about the face. Again I've got 3 types of formulas to show you, so let's get cracking.



The Manual Exfoliator


So this is the formula I'm least likely to use of the 3. The manual exfolitor is the most abrasive option for the face and I'd only use a manual exfoliator once a week. That being said, they're good for deep exfolation if you have very dry skin and are a good option for people who can't/don't want to use acid-based facial exfoliators. One manual exfoliator formula that I love is the Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads. The smell is pleasant and the scrubby particles aren't too abrasive but still leave your skin feeling properly exfoliated.




The Acid Toner



So the only type of exfoliator I'd use daily (twice daily if needed) is the acid toner. These are liquid toners that are made up using acids that gently exfoliate the skin. Usually these toners will be made up of fruit acids or glycolic but a range of acids are used in different formulas. My favourite is another Clarins option, their Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. I like this formula because, like the Soap & Glory sugar scrub from last week's post, the formula contains glycerin so it's hydrating as well as exfoliating.











The Radiance-Boosting Mask



So I have 2 options for this one, depending on your taste. The radiance mask is essentially a combination of the above, an acid-based formula that can be used as little as once a week to work. If you want a quick hit of both manual and acid exfoliation, the REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial is your mask. You put it onto dry skin and it feels slightly grainy on the skin, then add water and it smoothes out, leave for a minute and rinse. So easy. My other favourite is Oskia's Renaissance Mask which is good for when I want the exfoliating mask without the manual exfoliation element. I use them interchangeably depending on how my skin is and what my time constraint are.

No comments:

Post a Comment