Wednesday 18 March 2015

Bodycare 1-0-1 - Exfoliation

So this is another 2-part-post. Today we have exfoliation for body and then next week I'll be putting up exfoliation for face. Now for body, there are 3 categories of exfoliators I incorporate into my routine on a regular basis which I talk you through now: The basic scrub, the sugar scrub and the coffee scrub.



The Basic Scrub


So first and foremost, my most-used formula is the basic scrub, and my favourite product from this category is the Soap & Glory Pulp Friction Foamy Fruity Body Scrub. The formula is quite thick so it sticks to your skin in the shower unlike lots of other formulas. The basic scrub exfoliates using gritty sandy-feeling particles, suspended in a shower gel/cream formula. These types of scrubs are the most abrasive and I would only recommend using these 1-2 times a week.


The Sugar Scrub

Much like the little pots you can get for your lips, the sugar scrub uses sugar granules as the main exfoliating element to them. Another shout-out to Soap & Glory for my favourite from this category with the Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Firstly, it smells amazing but the main reason I like this is that the sugar and other exfoliating elements are all suspended in a glycerin-based formula, meaning that you get a ht of hydration along with your exfoliation. Sugar scrubs are less abrasive on the skin as the sugar starts to dissolve when it gets wet so they're a good option for people who want to exfoliate every time they shower rather than 1-2 times a week.

The Coffee Scrub


So this is a very new-to-me formula, but recently I tried the Mr Bean Coffee Bean Scrub and it was very... Interesting. The most gentle of all 3 formula's, I think this scrub would be best for a sensitive skin type or for someone who only wants some subtle exfoliation. The one I got contains coconut oil so, again, it's really moisturising on the skin and it's a generally nice scrub. But I have 2 main issues. Firstly, the smell. It smells strongly of coffee, unsurprisingly, but the scent really lingers. I washed it off with a scented body wash and then layered up with scented moisturiser and could still smell it slightly and I'm not a massive fan. Secondly, while most scrubs leave a bit of mess in the bath, this left the worst mess of all the scrubs I've ever used. I think because the product is black maybe it just looks worse than other formulas? Either way, after my nice relaxing bath I found myself having to do a thorough clean of the bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment