Friday 6 March 2015

Good Sleep in a Jar - The Neal's Yard Lavender Bath Salts


I recently discovered that Manchester town centre has it's own Neal's Yard shop, so being the curious thing that I always have been, I nipped in on my way home from work one night to see what was going on in there. Being a Neal's Yard Newbie, I went for a few products that I'd heard about in the blogger-sphere, the Lavender Bath Salts being one of them.

Firstly, they come in a really hefty, satisfyingly heavy, blue glass jar that just looks lovely in your bathroom. When you open the 200g jar it's filled to the brim and the smell hits you immediately. Being lavender based, they really calming in your bath and with it being Neal's Yard none of the ingredients are too chemically. The lavender scent comes from organically produced lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil and the only ingredients that look even vaguely like "nasties" to me would be limonene and linalool, but these are the very last two ingredients on the list.

You only need a small amount from the jar (I'd recommend scooping the salts out with your hand and then sprinkling them into your bath) to get the desired effect and they dissolve quickly and don't leave a grainy feeling at the bottom of your bath. At £10.50 for a 200g jar these are a slightly more affordable option for those like myself who are new to bath salts and wanted to try a relatively inexpensive kind before investing in something like the Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts (which are definitely on the list of products I'd love to try).

After this purchase I'm excited to try out more from the Neal's Yard range, and currently have my eye on the Arnica Salve and their Wild Rose Beauty Balm. I'll report back on those at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment