Wednesday 4 March 2015

My First Beauty Subscription Box - A Look inside my Lovemebeauty Box


So this lovely box of loveliness was dropped on my doorstep last week a LoveMeBeauty box. LoveMeBeauty is a beauty subscription box service where you pay a monthly fee for a box, however this one is slightly different as you know what you are receiving in your box. When you pay for your box you get credits that you then spend on items for your box, you get 6 credits a month and products range from 1-3 points each from what I can see, you than then pay an additional fee to have extra items in your box. The delivery was quick and the items were packaged nicely, firstly inside the box pictured above and then in a drawstring bag (pictured below). I can't compare the service to other beauty box subscriptions yet but I intend to check out a few more and see how they are.

While we're here, I guess I should have a quick run though of the products I picked for my box. I'd been interested in trying something from Malin+Goetz for a while so when I saw the full sized Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm for 2 points I quickly popped it into my box. It's tastes lovely and the formula is quite nice, the packaging isn't my favourite as, despite it being a tube, you have to squeeze it onto your finger and then apply it and then I feel like I need to wash my hands, so it wouldnt be my first choice for on-the-go, but I keep it by my bathroom sink and use it when I do my skincare routine.

Another 2-point item I picked out was the Lord & Berry Eyeliner which, again, seems to be a full size. While it's not quite as good as my Urban Decay Perversion Liner for tight-lining, it's really nice for a smudgey eyeliner look and sets in place after a short amount of smudge time. All in all, I think this was my favourite item in the box.

Then for a point each, I picked up 2 sample-sizes from Melvita, the Pulpe De Rose and their Damask Rose Floral Water. I thought I'd be a fan of these, I love rose-scented products, I love hydrating mists, I love plumping creams, so these 2 should have been winners. While I don't think they're bad they definitely aren't amazing and I can't see myself repurchasing either. The cream is the better of the two as it is nice to use, smells nice, seems to give a more plumped look to the skin, but the floral water? No thanks. The mister on the bottle seems to spit the product onto your face rather than mist it on, meaning I've been going for a spray-onto-cotton-wool-and-wipe-onto-face approach which isn't my favourite. On top of that, the smell made me feel a little ill, it's not the rose-y, luxurious smell you would expect from a rosewater toner and I was just generally disappointed with it.

So there we have it, 1 love, 2 likes, 1 leave.

If you have any recommendations for beauty boxes then give me a shout, I've become very intrigued about this whole beauty-box subscription service thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment