Friday 17 July 2015

By Terry Aqua Tint Lip & Cheek Colour Touch Duo

I picked this duo up from FeelUnique recently because they looked intriguing. I've been a big fan of Benefit's Benetint for quite a while now and the red shade of these looked like a suped-up more summery version of that product so I thought I'd give these a go.




This duo came with a red shade and an orange shade and since I've been having a moment with orangey/coraly coloured clothing I was super excited to try the orange and I really like it. I think it works amazingly on the cheeks but you need to be careful especially if you're pale because these stains really do pack a lot of punch and it's fairly easy to go overboard. It takes a bit more work to layer the product up to a colour that I was happy with for the lips but I enjoyed the overall look of the matching cheek/lip colour once I'd put the work in.


The red for me was a little weird. I love the actual colour of the shade on both my lips and my cheeks but there's some big chunky glitter in the formula that makes it difficult to use. On the cheeks while the red tint looks quite natural but the chunks of glitter give a look that isn't really what I want on my cheeks. Again with the lips, the actual colour looks lovely but the shimmer puts me off. If you wanted to just use the tint on your lips you're going to get a matte lip with bits of glitter in it and so the only way I'd really wear this shade is on the lips with a gloss over the top. I will say that this shade does look lovely under a slightly red-tinted gloss.


All in all I think these are pretty hit-and-miss, especially when you consider the By-Terry price tag that comes with them. I love the orange and I've heard great things about the pink but if you're looking for a high-end red liquid stain I'd recommend Benefit Benetint over the By Terry equivalent as the Benefit is a very similar shade without the big chunks of glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment