Wednesday 15 July 2015

So I Finally Got My Hands On A Beauty Blender

So I recently blogged about the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, but I've been dying to get my hands on a Beauty Blender, if only to see how it compares. Mainly because the Beauty Blender is £16 here in the UK, which is a lot of money for a sponge if you ask me, especially when the Real Techniques is around the £4-£5 mark.



My first comparison is the size/shape of them the Beauty Blender is slightly smaller than the Real Techniques and the point on the top is thinner which makes it easier to blend your concealer in with. However the BB doesn't have the flat edge that the RT has and when I'm using the RT I find that the flat edge is this the bit that I use the most. It does have a slight flat bit on the very bottom but it's a smaller surface an so wouldn't be usable in the same way. That being said, the actual texture of the Beauty Blender is a lot softer than the Real Techniques so if you'v tried the RT and found it at all scratchy or irritating, the BB might be for you.

I guess the big ticket question is: Would you repurchase? For the Real Techniques, at the price they pitch it for, it's a great little tool and I do really like it. And I suppose my opinion of the Beauty Blender is similar, I do really like it, but the problem is this: It's a makeup sponge, it will need replacing (and replacing often at the rate I'm currently using them) and for me, £16 is a bit much for a tool that will need to be a fairly regular purchase. It's not like a high-end brush where you spend X amount and then it will last a good few years and if I'm honest, I don't think I can be spending that so often on the same tool. I think I'll save it for a birthday/Christmas and I do enjoy using it, but I'll be mixing it up between the two for cost-effectiveness. That being said, if a new £16 sponge every few months is in your budget, the Beauty Blender is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment