Friday 31 July 2015

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum

A few weeks ago I did a series of posts about high-street products and you may remember me talking about a couple of products from Nip + Fab that I loved. I wanted to try a few more things from the brand to see if their non-pad-format products were as good as the pre-soaked-pads from them that I've enjoyed using and so I picked up their Glycolic Fix Serum to give that a try, and heres my verdict.


So firstly, this product comes in 30ml container which seems to be a reasonable amount for a serum and the product also claims to be 4% glycolic acid and is marketed as an overnight serum. The fine print on the back says to use the product every night for 2 weeks to see results which made me question it a little.

Glycolic is a good ingredient for exfoliation, why should it take 2 weeks to see results? And being the skincare fanatic that I am, I find it disheartening when I feel like I have to use the same product every night to make it work. I like to mix up my serums and treatments so that I can keep on top of all of my skin concerns without having to layer products excessively so this just didn't seem like a product that would work for me. I did use the product for a few nights (generally my trial period for products is 2-4 days depending on how soon I see results) and I didn't notice a difference at all.

Another thing that put me off was the scent, it's got an almost citrusy scent that smells very artificial and when you're spreading the product onto your face for me, it just added to the feeling that using the product was less of a treat and more of a chore.

If you want an exfoliating product Nip + Fab do have a product that I'd recommend over this serum, their Glycolic Fix Facial Pads are much more effective and I'd say try those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment