Monday 27 July 2015

Cleansing With Elemis

I recently picked up a couple of mini's of some Elemis cleansers. Now Elemis for me are one of those brands where, because their products are quite pricey and I don't hear a lot of bloggers raving about them very often, I often give them a miss when I'm picking up new products to try. when I'm picking up new products I usually pick up things that I'm interested in personally and base my posts around products that I'm just purchasing for myself but I figured people might want to hear about these so here we go.


The first cleanser I picked up was their Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash and I'm a little on the fence about it to be completely honest. I like it from the point of it being a lazy girls dream because in theory it's your cleanse stage and your exfoliation stage in one. This meaning you could strictly speaking use this, eye cream, moisturiser and go, but the formula does have some problems, especially for a pricier product. Firstly, the product actually says on the back "avoiding eye area" meaning to properly wash your face you'd have to use a different cleanser all over and then use this, which seems like a bit of a faff really. You should be able to use a cleanser on your whole face. My second point about the cleanser is that it's nothing special really. For almost £30 for the full size, the smell isn't luxurious, it doesn't feel particularly indulgent during use and it doesn't leave my skin feeling hydrated and supple after use. Generally I think there's a lot better out there for the money and so this was a bit of a miss for me.

The second product I picked up was the Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, I love a good cleansing balm for my second evening cleanse so I was excited to try this. For me, the scent is too fresh to be an evening cleanse but I actually really like it in the morning for a more indulgent morning cleanse and my skin seems to really like it. It's more of a gel consistency than something like the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm but more balmy than the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, for me the texture of the Elemis sits perfectly in the middle of those two products. I do like this but I still think I prefer the Oskia and the Emma Hardie as for me, they're both products I wouldn't have a problem using in the morning or the evening.

So not a great pair for me, I can't see myself taking the plunge for a repurchase on either of them as it stands, but they'll definitely make it to an empties post so I'll update you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment