Friday 24 July 2015

Getting Lippy with No7

My mantra in life is quickly becoming "a girl can never have too many lipsticks" and I swear it's not just to justify the boarder-line unreasonable amount of lipsticks I seemed to have acquired over the few years that I've knowingly been a beauty obsessive. So when I saw that No7 were doing a promotional lip crayon set I went a little crazy and added that beauty to my basket (Pre-Beauty-Ban, this post has been waiting in the wings for a while).





For a 4-colour lip set, this one is a really good selection of colours. A sheer red, a summery orange, a your-lips-but-better pink and a bright pinky-purple-y raspberry-esque shade. The packaging for the set is nice and simple and the packaging of the actual lip-crayons themselves is practical, a glossy back with lids and bases that indicate the shade. My only quibble with the packaging of the lip crayons is that while the twist up functionality is practical from a sharpening point, I prefer a non-twist up just because I think the pointed nib makes for cleaner lines during application, but other than that, I can totally get on board with these.



As for how I like the colour selection for my own personal use, the orange-y shade is the only one that I'm not sure I'll get a lot of wear from. I've experimented with oranges before and so far the only one that looks anywhere near right on me is "Sounds Like Noise" from the MAC Hayley Williams collection that came out a while back so I can see that particular shade ending up in my orange-cosmetic-suited sisters collection within a few months. The pinky shade is lovely for an everyday pink and I like the red despite having many sheer-sheeny red lip products. But my favourite shade out of the whole bunch has to be the purple (pictured to right). Like I mentioned, it doesn't look as purple as the packaging suggests it would be when applied on the lips but I love the colour regardless, it's more of a bright pink with purple-y undertones. There's just something about this kind of shade that brightens up my face a little and I can see this being my weekend lip of choice for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment