Friday 3 July 2015

Review Friday: Bumble & Bumble Prêt-á-Powder

On a recent trip to Boots (note to self, avoid Boots during sales and/or triple points events, my bank balance never thanks me for it) I couldn't help but notice that Bumble and Bumble had released a trial size of a product I'd been itching to try for ages: their Prêt-á-Powder. The full size was £20+ and for something I just wanted to try I was struggling to part with the cash but at £7.50 a pot, the trial size wasn't too painful to purchase so I thought I'd give you the low-down on my feelings towards it.



One slightly bothersome factor of this compared to dry shampoos that I've used in the past is the application method doesn't make for a quick-fix solution to a greasy hair problem. Really, I use dry shampoos mainly when I'm in a rush and don't have time to wash my hair before I have to be out of the door, and while the Prêt-á-Powder doesn't take nearly as long as washing, drying and styling my hair from scratch, it definitely takes a little longer than it could do. That being said, the fact that you massage it in with your hands makes it more of a 2-in-1 product. The volumising qualities of this product are very similar to the effect you'd get from a product like the Osis+ Dust It volumising powder, but with a dry shampoo added in.

I will also mention that to get the desired effect in my hair, I did have to use quite a lot of product so I can imagine that it would need to be repurchased frequently if it was a product I was using regularly. however the fact that you need a lot of product to absorb the excess shine means that it's quite difficult to go over-board and end up with the weird white/grey patches that some dry shampoos leave. Also, the scent of the product is clean if slightly powdery but not over-powering.

No comments:

Post a Comment