Friday 24 April 2015

By Terry Ombre Black Stars - The Review


So let me kick things off by saying, these are some very pricey eyeshadow sticks. I finally caved and bought myself a couple just to see if they were all that the bloggers have been saying they are, and honestly? I'm not sure.

From a format point of view they are beautifully packaged in gold with a band around the base of the shadow stick indicating the colour so if you have multiple shades it's easy to differentiate which is nice. They are also a twist-up format which negates the need for one of those jumbo sharpeners which again works in the products favour.

My First Ombre Blackstar purchase was "Misty Rock" and this shade alone is no-doubt worth the money. It's beautiful. While many of the high-street brands are coming out with comparable products, I haven't seen a Misty Rock dupe among the aisles of Boots yet. Mistry Rock is a light pink-y shade with a gorgeous silvery sparkle-y iridescence to it that give it an almost wet-look on the eye, but it's still pretty and very subtle and fresh looking which has been lovely for the beginning of spring (in other news, Manchester is finally seeing the sun for the first time in what feels like years, but I digress).

Had I just purchased Mistry Rock and done this review on that shade alone, this would have been a rave review, but having loved that shade, I also picked up "Brown Perfection", which comparatively was slightly disappointing. Don't get me wrong it's still a lovely product, I just don't think it has the uniqueness that in my eyes makes Misty Rock worth the money. The medium-deep bronzey brown makes a lovely liner shade but if you try to smudge it all over the lid it sheers out so quickly. While you can apply Misty Rock from the stick and smudge it with your fingers I think Brown Perfection needs a brush so that you don't blend all of the colour away too quickly. Brown Perfection looks lovely when you use it, it just takes a bit more work.

There are a couple more colours in the line that I've been eyeing up but I'm definitely going to have to swatch extensively in store before I commit, seems like the lighter shades are easier to work with than the darker ones to me but I'll update if I find any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment