Wednesday 15 April 2015

My Makeup Storage Solution. (For a Medium-Sized Collection)

When I first got properly into makeup, a problem arose pretty quickly: Where do I store all of this?


Seems like a pretty easy question to answer on the surface, but as my collection grew out of a make-up bag, and then out of a small box in a drawer, I was finding it more and more difficult to store my makeup in a space and user friendly way. So I hit the drawer board pretty hard and eventually I cam up with this solution: A drawing desk. For me, a drawing desk was the most obviously wonderful way to store a bigger-than-average-but-not-completely-excessive kind of collection. I haven't got the typical blogger/vlogger huge collection, so a massive dressing table and the ever popular Ikea Alex Drawers were a bit more than I needed, but in the same token, a standard dresser or Muji Acrylic Drawers were a little too small. I got this drawing table from Dunelm Mill about a year ago for a really reasonable price. There was a traditional style dressing table in the collection but the drawers were just too small and I'd have never been able to fit all of my makeup in them, however the drawing table has all the space seen in the picture to the right, plus a very comfortably sized drawer underneath that homes my backups and some products that I don't use very often.

I use a cutlery divider to divide up my products into categories, and then slide palettes in both beside the cutlery divider and in the smaller partitions hanging from the inside of the top of the drawing table. I then have a small tin with a small bottle of moisturiser to mix in with foundations on days where I want less coverage, a small bottle of hand sanitiser (my favourite is the Soap & Glory Hand Maid one), a lip exfoliator, a pencil sharpener and some miscellaneous small tools (tweezers, lip brushes etc). The top of the drawing table has a flat surface on which I store a makeup mirror, two pots for brushes (one for face brushes, one for eyes) and then a smaller pot for eye/lip liners, brow pencils and other pencil shaped products/tools.


Then in the cutlery divider itself, I divide products into complexion, cheeks, eyes and lips. So foundation, primers, concealers and setting sprays in the front, blush, bronzer, powder and highlights in the middle. I keep lipsticks, balms and glosses at the back and then eyeshadow, eye primer, pigments, small palettes and mascaras live down the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment