Wednesday 1 April 2015

March Favourites

It's monthly Favourites time again and this month is a good mix of products with some skincare, body care, a few bits of make-up and even a fragrance.



So I have two absolute skin saviours this month. As you may have heard a few posts back, I've had some really unusual (for me anyway) problems withs spots. I used to get one or two big spots around that time of the month but since hitting my twenties, that hadn't really been a problem for me unless I'd been really naughty with my skincare or my eating habits and I was a bit lost for solutions. I'd seen a few recommendations from bloggers for the REN Clarimatte Clarifying Toner and it's ah-may-zing. I stripped my skincare right back to the bones and started using this morning and night, just targeting my problem areas and it's cleared things up a treat. I've even started using it on some acne scarring I had on my face, chest and back from my teenage years and it even seems to helping with those. I'm amazed.

My other strange skin situation this month has been on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've had the driest skin known to man on my feet (TMI, I know) but I did. I've been applying Soap & Glory Heel Genius as often as I can and it's easing the drought quite considerably. Thank heavens.

Another Soap & Glory product I've been loving this month is their Archery Brow Pencil in "Hot Chocolate". This is the one with the pencil on one end and the spoolie brush on the other and it's great. I was loving the Maybelline brow pencils but the fact that they didn't have any kind of brush was making them a bit difficult for me as I often do my make-up on the go and the Soap & Glory option takes up a lot less space in my make-up bag so it's a winner.

I tried Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara this month and I love it. It's exactly what I like in a mascara. Gives a curl, a little bit of volume and a lot of length, I only have the mini that I received in this months BirchBox but I can see a full-size purchase happening soon. I've also been embracing a more eau-naturale look with my make-up and so my bolds have been put away in favour of shade like the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in the shade "Descanso" which is a lovely nude, not too light and not too dark, it's a perfect everyday lipstick for the girl who wants a neutral look. Also? No need for a mirror, and the formula is nice and comfortable.

My mum bought me a bottle of Ghost's Eclipse perfume for Christmas and I hadn't really worn it all that much. I've had Nina by Nina Ricci as my go-to fragrance for a while and it's the one most people seem to like on me but I fancied a change and so spritzed this on a few weeks back and I can see it taking the drivers seat for my spring and summer scent this year. It's fresh and citrus-y but it's also a little bit sweet even a tiny bit floral at the same time and I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment