Wednesday 13 May 2015

A Face Fit For A Wedding


The other half and I found ourselves at a wedding last weekend and with it being the first time the two of us were going to that kind of event I got really excited about getting to really dress up and obviously, I anted to share that with you guys.

While I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to wear black to a wedding, I saw this gorgeous black dress in River Island and I couldn't resist, I figured since we were only actually attending the reception it wouldn't be so bad and tried to drop a bit of colour into the mix with the oil-finish clutch bag from Whistles.

The bag was pretty much where all my colour matching came into play because the oil slick made it pink and green and I found it quite hard to match but I found a good match for my fingers and toes in Butter London's Nail Lacquer in "Knackered" which has that same pink/green effect with a tiny bit of glitter that in 2-3 coats builds up to a beautiful finish on the nails.

I then played up the eyes using a mix of MAC shades - "Petina" and "Greensmoke" to create a really subtle, light green smokey eye just as a nod to my chosen colour scheme. With green on the eyes I went for a more nude lip and went for a light layer of The Lipstick Queen's Big Bang Illusion Lip Gloss in the shade "Cosmic" and then Maxfactor's Creme Blush in "Soft Pink" helped give my skin that healthy glowy skin you'd hope to have at a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment